Tshukudu, a Big 5 Game Reserve, boasts 3600 ha of unspoiled bush with a lovely view to the Drakensberg Mountains. Close encounters with rehabilitated (orphaned) as well as wild animals will leave a lasting impression on all guests. At a very affordable rate, visitors can observe the Big 5 as well as a wide variety of animals and bird species on game drives and walks with a knowledgeable ranger sharing the wonders of the bush.
Tshukudu Game Reserve was started in 1980 on what used to be a cattle ranch. Although many antelope species as well as giraffe were already on the property a variety of animals had to be reintroduced. One of the first were rhinoceros hence the name “Tshukudu” which means “rhino” in Sotho.
Today, Tshukudu is teeming with game, the birdlife is prolific and the bush has reverted to its pristine state. The many Acacia and Marula trees give a real feel of the African Bushveld…
Tshukudu Bush Camp is a self-catering camp, our seven cottages all have private facilities with sheets and towels provided and all have air conditioning.
Everything is provided. All you need to bring is your food and drink.
The Reserve is situated 4km out of Hoedspruit on the R40 and another 7km on a dirt road.
Valid 1 January 2021 – 31 December 2022
R970 per person sharing per night.
R1 200 per person single occupancy.
R485 per child (under 12jr) sharing with parents
A minimum 2 night stay is advised. Experience Africa at its best.
Children under the age of 2 share with parents and stay for free. Children 3-12 are charged a child rate.
This includes afternoon game drive and morning walk.
All food, tea coffee and alcoholic & soft drinks. This is a self catering camp.
Children of all ages are welcome.
GATE ENTRY FEES
There is a R35-00 per person once off conservation fee.
- Rates are quoted in South African Rands.
- Rates are quoted per person sharing per night unless specified otherwise.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice. Rates include government taxes where applicable. If taxes increase, we reserve the right to increase the rate accordingly.
SWIFT Kruger Shuttles offer a number of ways to get to and from Tshukudu Bush Camp:
- Shared Shuttle Service. Our most affordable way to get to and from Hoedspruit.
- Private Transfer. Exclusively for your group and a door to door service. For this package the private transfer include a shopping stop in Hoedspruit.
- Flights. In partnership with Travelstart. Direct flights between Johannesburg/ Cape Town and Hoedspruit.
- Note that for the Shuttle service and Flights you may need to arrange additional transfers between Eastgate Airport/ our shuttle locations and the lodge. SWIFT can assist with these.
Find and book any activity you require in the area HERE.
Book now by clicking on the Email link and filling in the questions: firstname.lastname@example.org