Experience a Kruger Safari at nThambo Tree Camp and stay in unique accommodation in the heart of the Klaserie. The Klaserie Private Nature Reserve is part of the Greater Kruger and shares unfenced borders with the Kruger National Park. It is here that guests can take part in Big Five game drive safaris.
On game drive guests will be led by experienced and professional game rangers through a wildlife area rich in game. There is the chance to see all of the Big 5 in and around camp at any time, so guides will escort guests to and from their rooms at night.
The Klaserie also boasts a plethora of interesting birdlife and is a haven for bird-watchers. All 5 chalets are positioned on stilts at level with the trees so game watching can be enjoyed constantly. The small size and privacy of nThambo means that activities are flexible and exciting night drives can also be conducted.
South Africa is a beautiful country to see and a shared shuttle option is recommended for guests who have the time and interest for a more diverse experience. The drive from Johannesburg takes about 6 hours. The roads are good and safe, while the scenery in the Mpumalanga/Limpopo region is spectacular.
1 January 2021 – 31 December 2022
R5 000.00 per person sharing per night (fully inclusive)
Minimum 2-night stay is suggested.
FULLY INCLUSIVE RATE INCLUDES
All meals; local drinks (soft & alcoholic) game walks & drives, teas & coffees.
Premium international drinks, Conservation levies (please see details below), (payable direct at the CAMP in cash or credit card). Please note that only Visa and MasterCard are accepted at the Camp.
No single supplement applies.
No children aged 12 and under. Children aged 13 and older pay the full adult price.
The below levies are extra and will be added to your booking invoice.
Klaserie Private Nature Reserve Conservation levy: R300 per person per night (for all guests aged 12 and over) Klaserie Private Nature Reserve Bed levy: R350 per person per stay (for all guests)
- Rates are quoted in South African Rands.
- Rates are quoted per person sharing per night.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice. Rates include government taxes where applicable. If taxes increase, we reserve the right to increase the rate accordingly.
- Conservation levies are subject to change without prior notice in the event of the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve amending the levies due to budgetary needs.
SWIFT Kruger Shuttles offer a number of ways to get to and from Nthambo:
- Shared Shuttle Service. Our most affordable way to get to and from Hoedspruit.
- Private Transfer. Exclusively for your group and a door to door service
- Flights. In partnership with Travelstart. Direct flights between Johannesburg/ Cape Town and Hoedspruit.
- Note that for the Shuttle service and Flights you may need to arrange additional transfers between Eastgate Airport/ our shuttle locations and the lodge. SWIFT can assist with these.