Superb location close to the ‘Orpen Gate’ of the Kruger National Park, the Panorama Route which encompasses the Blyde River Canyon, and the bustling tourist town of Hoedspruit.
Nestled inside the Guernsey Private Nature Reserve, Kingfisher Creek offers comfortable accommodation for the traveller who is looking to escape the stresses of busy city life. Abundant birdlife in the mature garden, together with the gentle sound of the water fountain flowing this is escapism at its best.
Sit in your private boma which overlooks the animals casually making their way to the water trough for an afternoon drink and as the sun sets over the reserve, have a gin & tonic and listen to the sounds of the bush. On occasion, the lions on the neighbouring Thornybush can be heard calling .
The cottage consists of two bedrooms both with private bathrooms. The master bedroom has a king sleigh bed. The bathroom has a bath and a shower. The second bedroom has a queen bed and a single bed and the bathroom has a shower.
The kitchen is well-equipped for self-catering. The kitchen is open-plan to the lounge area. A thatched roof provides shade from the heat and ensures outdoor dining is available throughout the year.
The private boma comes complete with a picnic bench, built-in braai, a firepit and built-in seating. The braai area looks out onto the bush where giraffe, zebra, antelope and the occasional buffalo can be seen grazing.
Safari: Our cottage is ideally placed to see a wide varity of animals . This an authentic bush experience. Plains game means you can go on guided walks/cycle on the reserve, yet still hear some of the big 5 animals that surround Guernsey Nature Reserve
Nestled inside the Guernsey Private Nature Reserve, Kingfisher Creek Lodge feels like a million miles away when in fact it is located a mere 15 km from the main Orpen road that leads to the Kruger National Park.
Luxury Tented Suites
Valid 1 January 2021 – 31 December 2022
R2 010 per person sharing for per night.
R2 613 per person single occupancy.
R1 407 per child (under 12jr) sharing with parents
A Self Catering Cottage – sleeps 5 – is also available. Kindly contact us for more information.
A minimum 2 night stay is advised. Experience Africa at its best.
Children under the age of 2 share with parents and stay for free. Children 3-12 are charged a child rate.
This includes full breakfast, and 3-course dinner.
All alcoholic & soft drinks.
Children of all ages are welcome.
GATE ENTRY FEES
There is a R100 gate entry fee for cars. R200 for minivan/ transfer vehicles.
- Rates are quoted in South African Rands.
- Rates are quoted per person sharing per night unless specified otherwise.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice. Rates include government taxes where applicable. If taxes increase, we reserve the right to increase the rate accordingly.
SWIFT Kruger Shuttles offer a number of ways to get to and from Kingfisher Creek Lodge:
- Shared Shuttle Service. Our most affordable way to get to and from Hoedspruit.
- Private Transfer. Exclusively for your group and a door to door service
- Flights. In partnership with Travelstart. Direct flights between Johannesburg/ Cape Town and Hoedspruit.
- Note that for the Shuttle service and Flights you may need to arrange additional transfers between Eastgate Airport/ our shuttle locations and the lodge. SWIFT can assist with these.